Presentation: Fail

!!?????


Sad to say that today's presentation was an epic fail. I earnestly gave my best during the presentation, but it still wasn't enough. For those who didn't witness the fail, let's just say that it was an unlucky blend of miscommunication, lack of teamwork, and REAL effort. In short - it ain't pretty.

Negative thoughts aside, I think it was a pretty good experience. I've always had this bliss perception about myself, I'm trying hard to correct that, it's a work in progress. So having this experience made me realise all the little details that I often ignore - eye contact, sustained voice projection, the abilities of my teammates and also in-depth research of the topic (even when I don't have to)..

I'm grateful that I had the chance to learn and improve on my presenting skills which I had deemed perfect before. Grateful for new found friends that are willing to point out my weak points right at my face.. in front of the whole class.. ><" Grateful for realising my own incompetence, and my potential for growth.

It might be that my soul isn't in tune with my teammates yet, for they are on a totally different frequency, or it may be that I really wasn't THAT good. No matter, I will make the most out of every moment of my life.

Wait and see world, even the tiniest star can have a radiant shine.

Comments

  1. 失败是成功之母。^^
    当你不知presentation该有怎么样的姿势与实际时,想想我吧!我的presentation,学院跟大学的的同学都竖拇指称赞的。十多年前,我就已经在教育部主办的华文课程给过slot,也获得好评哟,哈哈!没关系,就在你面前炫耀一下吧! ^^
    除了姿态,对课题的了解及充足的准备,是一个好presentation的必备条件哟!所谓充足的准备,还包括了要设想如何导入正题、如何一起共鸣感、如何吸引注意力、如何把复杂的东西简单化。一切看似简单的东西,其实都是功夫。^^
    加油!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 唔唔。。 不过我们的题目是“Healthcare in Malaysia”。。 “Healthcare” 本身还好,但加了 “in Malaysia” 之后,难度大大提升。。 ><"

    ReplyDelete
  3. even the tiniest star can have a radiant shine.
    Epic sentence~translate ha...xD

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

梦醒后

A Day of Two Apologies

想多了解妳