Priestly Vocation Seminar

Hey guys, just came back from the Priestly Vocation Seminar at Bundu Tuhan Retreat Centre~ In case, you've never been there, there are only two words to describe that place - beautiful and cold..

I have always been fascinated about the life of a priest (I'm Roman Catholic, by the way) ever since I was a little child..  But then, I wasn't sure if THAT was all about a priest's life, celebrating the Eucharist in Church during mass.. Turns out it wasn't.. & I just recently knew that there are, in fact, many types of priests, there are Diocesan Priests, Missionary Priests, Jesuits, Franciscan, Friars and I think there are more..

Back to my post, as I was the ONLY one from my church, I can't help but feel a little lonely when I first arrived, especially when I see others talking non-stop with their friends.. but then, God always provides, & he hooked me up with a high school school mate! We haven't actually spoke to each other at school but at least we had something to relate to.. Then, the van that I was supposed to be boarding was full and I had to switch, and I ended up in Mr. Schoolmate's van! God really does know what I need.. What's better, along the journey the van  picked up other participants, & I met a childhood friend & we haven't met each other in 6 years! God really does know what I need, did I say that already? xD

Again, when I reached the retreat centre and checked into my room, I met three, four guys eventually from Labuan! There were a friendly bunch and I felt so belonged with them as if I were part of their lives all along! I really wish that we'll meet again someday, perhaps during their Labuan Youth Day somewhere this August.. :D

I had a wonderful time joining this vocation seminar.. I learned what actually is a vocation, more about the life of a priest, being a diocesan or a missionary priest, also learned a few great songs.. Not to mention great guys I met there, makes me realise that there is much more about life that I have always passed as 'normal' activities.. It's all gonna change now, I'll do all I can to live my life to the fullest..

Throughout the seminar, we heard many sharings from the seminarians themselves, from a few priests and also from some of our fellow participants.. Our group sharing was also very fruitful, and as my senior said, the personal interview with the priest is the fun part.. xD I can't wait for the invitation to weekend experiences at the seminary.. If it turns out to be the kind of life that I really want, then who knows? I might just become a priest..

The food was not just satisfactory, it was great! I have been to a fair share of retreats and camps and you don't expect food to taste this good all the time.. The afternoon tea was a little too sweet for my liking, but it was probably for the best because of the freezing temperature..

I especially enjoyed the TAIZE, Adoration, Lighting of Candles and Benediction.. I really felt Christ's presence in the sacred host but not as strongly as two of my roommates.. I still have much room for improvement..

To cut it REAL short, it is not an experience that I can put into words, if I did, the effect will be much less than what I had experienced firsthand, it's just like using a 2nd hand computer, it's just not the same..

For all young Catholics out there, if ever you wished to become a priest or just want to know more about the priesthood, then this is an event that you would not want to miss..

I'm the ONLY one from my church.. ><"
For those who want to know more about their vocation :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

梦醒后

A Day of Two Apologies

想多了解妳