The Loss of a Father

I don't mean to make an emo post on the anniversary of my friend/fellow blogger's birth, Iiyee especially since it clashed with Iiyee's lunar birthday, but when emotions come, it calls for an emo post.

Again, sorry Iiyee, & happy birthday nonetheless. :)

So here I am, immersed in a routine of reluctantly trying to conform myself into a whole new culture which I am really not used to & surrounded by a bunch of people (not you readers & stalkers rest assured) that I do not like! I am still desperately trying to 'blend in' , so to speak into the status quo, but it turns out, as with most of my life, I'm mostly, if not always the wrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time.

While I'm preoccupied with my efforts in doing good and filling my ego with pride and honour, in this huge place filled with thousands of people, a little boy, named Andy I think (I could not remember) from 2D have to deal with the loss of a dear father, a pillar of strength and support.

I don't know about him, but I have mixed feelings with my own father. He's not exactly the perfect parent that you would see in the movies or read about in a fantasy novel, but he's not as hopeless as those sadistic and sorry excuse for a man that you would, again see in the movies or read about in a fantasy novel.

He's as hard-headed as I am (or maybe it's the other way round) and he doesn't like losing in a quarrel. Over time I have learned to just let go and let be his contentment with his misinformed facts that he would rather receive from his seasonal friends and his obliviousness towards his own defects. That makes me think about what a person that I really am? Am I truly the figure that Christ wanted me to be? Or am I too caught up in my journey that I lose sight of my destination? As Father Terry Burke insight-fully wrote: As the proverb says, “They could not see the wood for the trees”. There are times in our spiritual lives – and Lent is one of those times – when it is good to lift up our eyes above our “catholic daily duties” and gaze at the distant scene to remind ourselves of what the Lord is calling us to, as Christians – and whither, through our baptismal promises, we have chosen to follow him.

Despite his imperfectness and sometimes failure to fulfill his duties as a father, he still provided for my family, and he is, after all my father. I cannot dare not start to imagine a world without him, without his bombardment of outdated concepts on my life, his unwillingness to even listen to my opinions and the pleasure of the occasional victory of our bickering. Yes, he is not a father that every child would want, but he is what God gave me, and I do believe that it is for the best.

And to Andy(sorry if I got your name wrong), the Lord has called your father back into His presence and it is for the best. I guess it's easy for me to say since my father is still alive (thank God), but I know a bit about God, and He doesn't allow great sorrow in your life for nothing. So here's my condolences to you and your family, and also my wish - that you stay strong and live as you ought to live, cherishing your memories with your father and treasuring the times with people around you.

The same goes to you TK. Do not let yourself fall into depression, life may not treat you kind enough for now, but do stay strong, for us at the very least.I'd like to nag about how being depressed isn't going to help things, but I'm sure you know that already~ :) As for church, maybe you might want to reconsider your motives for being there in the first place? Sure Jesus invites those who are burdened, for He shall give them rest, and in Him their strength renewed, but maybe you should backtrack to the most fundamental reason we go to church - to meet God at this one special place at the special allotted time of our lives where everyone (well, most of the people anyway) pray together and actually be nice to each other, even for just one hour. Just give it a try, it worked for me. No doing businesses with God but just being there, in the presence of our Heavenly Father, giving thanks, and listening to His word. :D

It's time to sleep, my stomach is starting to complain~
P.S. Not too shabby for my 100th post huh? xD

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

梦醒后

A Day of Two Apologies

想多了解妳