Me, Money and Bookstore - Bad Combination

Yes, you can should never give me a pile of cash and send me to a bookstore. I can assure you that I'll spend every cent that I have and feel happy about it.

So we Malaysian students are 'lucky' to have RM250 worth of book vouchers and I so happen to only spent them yesterday. What a perfect timing!

After a whole day of singing and hanging out with those crazy people, it's time to pamper myself, in a bookstore, with RM200 worth of book vouchers!!!

Finding the books weren't really hard though. If you ever have to find me in a bookstore or in a library for that matter, just go straight to the section labelled FANTASY/FICTION and follow the drool trail. I am a sucker for adventure stories, especially dragons and magic and medieval warfare. Especially if they're cheap. *Drooling

I went in with my brother Angel (no, we're not genetically related) and I dumped her at the entrance, storming pass all the staffs and people I don't know to the.. fantasy section. Well, Popular doesn't really have much choices for STPM references so fantasy it is!

After getting a dictionary for my mum which costs about RM40, I went browsing for my books. Incidentally, my eyes fell on the row of dragons. Yes, it's the Inheritance Series by Christopher Paolini!!! I have waited soooooooo long to buy the books! Finally a dream come true! Since the first book Eragon is available at the library, I went on and bought Eldest and Brisingr.

This is the part where you nerds bookworms will go wait, aren't there four books in the Inheritance series? Why yes, yes there are. I was about to leave just happy when I spotted the last book Inheritance on the 'spot & save' section. The original price was around RM80 and I got it for only like, RM33.90? * happy face. Well, since I spotted it, I guess I'll have to save it from being un-bought then. xD I am a total sucker for dragons, did I mention that?

Well, according to my phone calculator I have already exceeded RM100, which is what's left of my voucher, so I went on to check on brother Angel. While we were talking there's this girl staff who kept staring at me the whole time, literally! I glanced at her to check if I know her or anything but 'beep' negative feedback mechanism stimulated. Action - ignore. I went on to the chinese books section to see if there were any interesting books. There were some I was interested in, but not buy-worthy, not after Inheritance. So I casually strolled to the chinese novels section and basked my eyes with those picture perfect anime illustrations on the book covers and suddenly my eyes caught something shiny(imagining). 刀剑神域 it read, or for those who can't read chinese, it's Sword Art Online for crying out loud! Almost the whole collection of the 12 light novels! You know what the best part is? It's only RM 19/book! CHINESE BOOK WHY YOU ALWAYS SO CHEAP!!? If Inheritance wasn't there, I would've bought the novels, all of them! Well, you can't have them all, till next time then. *teary eyes

While making our way to the counter, the staff girl who was staring at me approached us and I was like this girl is creepy, what does she want with me!? and she offered us a basket since I was holding the equivalent of four dictionaries. So that was why she was staring, she was probably having some internal conflict about whether or not to offer this cute guy and his friend a basket since he's going to buy four dictionary-like books (and possibly more!). I politely thanked her and turned down the offer as we were, as I said going to pay already. Wow, Popular has good staff after all. It's a shame I didn't get her name. I could've written a letter to her supervisor to praise her for her kindness.

Well, THAT is why you should never, ever leave me alone in a bookstore with cash in my pocket. Especially if it's your money. You won't get to say goodbye. I'm sorry Nick, I guess I'll have to borrow you from Psyduck then.

Till the next time I write~

The Inheritance Series! (minus Eragon)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

梦醒后

A Day of Two Apologies

想多了解妳