I Thought You Were Different

I thought that you were different from the rest. Different from the other girls, from the ordinary, from the rest.

But I suppose it's not your fault, the world has distorted the view of what people once referred to as "love". And you can't help but be absorbed in the ways of the world, and your own. I honestly understand that.

What's wrong with being nice to other people? What's wrong with treating a girl right? What is wrong with helping others out? What is wrong with treating others the way you want to be treated? What is wrong with you?

I don't know what they actually convey about love on TVs nowadays, but from what I've been taught, it is certainly not all about sex. To me, love is simply wanting the better for the other. To me, love does not mean doing nice stuffs as hints so that I want to be in a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship with that other person and possibly get under her pants. To me, love means doing something nice for anyone, any stranger that I encounter in this short short life of mine.

To help someone only when you're comfortable with the circumstances and consequences, no, that is not the kind of man I was brought up to be. Where would the service in that be? If every person were to have that mindset, this would be a truly cold world. If I only lent my hand after I'm comfortable with every single detail, I wouldn't call that help at all. That would only be a favourite pastime.

If Jesus would only come to save us after He felt comfortable about it all, He would have never came at ALL. And we would still be sorry sinners with no real hope of salvation.

I'm sorry if I misled you, with anything. I suppose I should hurt you honestly than continue misleading you with a lie.

Sorry for making this a little religious, sorry for the frankness, but there is nothing wrong to being different from others. If only you had the courage...


But who am I to judge you
On what you say or do
I'm only just beginning
To see the real you

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

梦醒后

A Day of Two Apologies

想多了解妳