The Brighter Side of The Day

Let's just say my day didn't start out well.

For one thing, the water supply here is faltering, I guess I should be immune to it by now, growing up in this land that I cannot bring myself to hate, no matter how crappy the infrastructures are. So I woke up with the fear of having no water coming out of the taps, and to my relief a steady trickle came out. Better than nothing, huh?

And yes, of course, I have to have a flu that lasted through the night, and half the day, for that matter. I can't even think straight let alone sit straight. Luckily there weren't any stray defenceless guys beside me, if not I'm pretty sure my breakfast would've been a whole lot more than just cereals.

And so I walked into the classroom seeing a certain someone clearly in a bad state but still keeping a straight face. I'll put on one myself. Why not? It's not like the mucous cascading down by nostrils or my itchy eyes are getting in the way of me beaming to everyone walking bye and say HI to them. Yeah, no biggie.

While I'm at it, why not put some verbal abuse into the equation and a tutor who does not know when to stop. Yup, great day alright.

And then I went to have my IC certified, which turns out to be a stamp and a signature from the clerk. So much for the 20 minutes wait for a parking spot. And yes, of all the things, I left my original IC at HOME!!! I totally wanted to strangle myself back then. In a vain attempt to push my luck, since I haven't had much today, I ventured to the counter and got a rude reply from an officer who is the exact opposite of the word 'polite'. Well, yeah, better luck next time.

On the way back, I was lucky to have soundtracks from How To Train Your Dragon and my GLEEful songs for the whole journey. It truly brightened up my day, which is saying a lot.

So you can dwell on the itsy bits of unhappiness in your single day and be be gloom all about it. or just focus on the happy simple little things, and your day would be much, much better.




I see skies of blue
clouds of white 
Bright blessed days
dark sacred nights 
And I think to myself 
what a wonderful world. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

梦醒后

A Day of Two Apologies

想多了解妳