The Night of Nights

Whoa! I know, I know. This is the part where all of you will start to go 'This is sooooo 2013!' and hey, I know it's way outdated, but just bear with me will ya? After all, when all the spotlights-music-euphoria fades, the memories are all we get to hold on to right? Right. So here we go~

Are you ready? For the night of nights? :)

I don't think that you can ever be ready for something as grand as this. Yeah you can anticipate in advance and fantasize about every minute of THE night, but when it finally comes, you'll feel nothing short like a defenseless little baby. A defenseless little baby who is completely aware of his nakedness and yet has no full motor control over his muscles to even cover his bodies with his arms, if that helps to paint a clearer picture.

Senior year, and nothing makes it more memorable like the fleeting time and impending finals. I guess all those heart-wrenching moments of having to brave all the unfairness and difficulties in life with a bunch of "newly-met"s made this night all the more magical, all the more enchanted.

It all started with me doing some last-minute hunting for my Prom shirt for which I have to thank Bobo, Coco and Miss Principal for I would've settled for that K-POP look which made my head look big (yes I have no butt). So after the girls had their hairs set, which, by the way was a complete waste of money for Bobo (stupid hairdresser!) we made our way home, to prepare for, well, the night of nights.

I spent what felt like a whole hour on my hair, mostly to disguise the failure of the hairdo xD and I picked up some four sexy ladies to rush to Last Vegas.

The months of heartbreaks and disappointments seem to be paving the way of the awesome feeling that we felt during this Prom, our Prom. Did I mention that it was our Prom? Our official-last-year-of-high-school-dinner-cum-farewell-party-and-we-did-not-have-to-do-anything-and-let-our-juniors-serve-us Prom!!

Cutting it all short, thanks to my fuzzy memories, I believe we had the time of our lives back then! We were young and wild and free~ The girls were beautiful and the guys were no less stunning. But all those make-up and dress-ups failed to conceal the animals we had inside of us. Wait, did I say animals? I meant energetic-don't-know-when-to-stop-mindless-young-people.

Needless to say, tonnes of pictures were taken, this time, I think it's literal. Some of us grew up overnight, some never do, and some never will? Sadly, not all of us who started this journey together managed to stay until the end. They were all abducted by a strange unidentified creature known as Life. Well, friends, I hope that life treats you well, eh?

Although the whole setting was in a sophisticated-feeling hotel and the teachers were there (not to mention strangers too), and we were all somewhat dressed as grown-ups, we still acted like the kids we are. Oops, sorry. I meant like the CRAZY kids we are. Yes, we are, why deny it?

I guess this is what being young means. Knowing how to have fun and live no matter the circumstances, no matter how irritated people on the next table glare at us, no matter how restaurant staffs silently curse us behind our backs for being obnoxiously loud and staying inappropriately late, we chat, we smile, we laugh, we camwhore and we don't leave until the manager forces a bill into our hands. I will not naively wish that we will never grow up, as a matter of fact, I welcome the process of growing up. But in the midst of that excruciatingly painful process, I wish that our hearts will never grow old. Wrinkles and liver spots may dominate our faces, but I hope that our hearts remain as youthful and energetic as ever.

So what if Life takes away your life from you, so what if your dreams are crushed, so what if you're put in an awkward situation. Live on. That life might have never suited you, those crushed dreams might never have been meant for you, that particular situation may very well be a perfect opportunity! Live on. 全ての人生がすばらしい

That being the highlight of our Form Six lives, it does not mean that all else are insignificant. No, it only means that we ought to remember that night, and hold on to it, and live as we had all this while, especially as we had lived that night.

So friends, hold on to what we had, hold on to what we have, and never let go~ :)


Yeah not the best picture ever, but who cares!?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

梦醒后

A Day of Two Apologies

想多了解妳