Counting My Blessings

Such mature gifts I received this year


So it's been another year that I had survived lived through. Looking back, or should I say #throwback, I realised more and more how truly I am blessed, in many areas of my life.

Where to start? Hmm.. Why not start with the word that gets people all fuzzy and warm, my friends. When I say friends, I mean all you new and old, and really old friends. I know that without you guys, I wouldn't, would never be the person I am now. I was once a socially-awkward guy before you freaks guys found me, but now I am a socially-awkward guy who relishes in making other people feel awkward and eagerly reaches out to other people who are socially-awkward. Makes sense? I hope not. I tend not to.

And now about the presents I received this year. As opposed to last year’s, They all had a tinge of maturity to them. I get the hint guys, it’s time to grow up. Although I'm saying that, I will never let myself grow boring, ever. I just like the idea of living young very much I guess. Boys will be boys, we don’t grow up, we only grow bigger. So forgive my immaturity for a few years, and perhaps my whole life, but maybe this is the way it was meant to be. (Pendragon quote)

Now to the part where I mention the gifts. There's a card that congratulates me on the birth of my first born son, which contained so much.. intriguing materials and so many implied *winks that practically turned into a flutter. And then there's the box which housed, or more like nested my new tie. In it were 20 paper cranes, 7 of which were light blue, or as I prefer it, sky blue. There's also an origami flower which I'm assuming to be a sakura considering my addiction to anime and (almost) all things Japanese. Of course, there was a reminder too. Full stop. Not to mention a mature-looking wallet which lazy me still left it in the pouch in the box. Transferring cards and notes into a new wallet is still too tall a task for me. And I just realised the black-white-yellow-striped T-shirt didn't make it in the photo, so there. The colourful bag was picked out by my friend's mum, who knew her son's taste, whom I am having a growing suspicion that he is a long lost brother, or at least half-brother of mine. We have a resemblance, in more ways than one. No winks.

The 20 years of my life hadn't actually been smooth sailing. There were scars and lumps and bruises, but who didn't, right? But through it all there were many historical, if I may say so, comebacks, many comrades met, many memories etched into the fabric of this world and embedded in our hearts. Battles fought were meant to enlighten me, battles that are being fought serves to strengthen me, and all are in preparation for the world that is to come. Sure life is full of struggles but that is what life is about right? Dancing in the rain? Or, as I would like to put it, dancing in the storm. ;)

So as I live my life, I'll drive slow, and every moment I will capture it, remember it(not broken English). ;)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

梦醒后

A Day of Two Apologies

想多了解妳