A Little Bit About My College

And when I say college I do not mean my university. For some reasons unbeknownst to the common folk, the students' hostels here are called residential colleges, hence, my college.

My college is one of the first to be built in my university, presumably the second. With some imaginative power, you can picture the conditions of the building, the design layout and also the state of the furniture. Well, they aren't ALL bad, they are pretty much in working shape, just kinda old-school-ish, is all.

But did I mention that we have the largest dorm rooms among all other colleges? (Well, us and the one that was built before ours) I took it for granted at first, but after knowing other people from other colleges with small rooms, I realised that it is a real blessing to have been assigned to this college. They could barely fit two standing persons in their rooms while we could breakdance (if I knew how) in ours.

Also, we have the best wifi speeds in campus, and each room is also supplied with two LAN cables, one for each of its inhabitants. Our water supply is practically never-ending and we can travel by foot to almost everywhere and it will still feel like an okay distance.

Oh, I have to say that our college is also called the PALAPES college. PALAPES is the Malay acronym for Reserved Officers. Yes, if you joined the RO, then you will have a guaranteed single room here in this college. That also means that weaklings normal people like me have to be very really super active in college activities so not to be kicked out of this wonderful college.

We are a small college compared to others, but this also means that we do not have much bureaucracy going on, though we still do. The Chinese Community of my college has only 20+ members at most, and we pretty much feel like family, though you can't help those who voluntarily isolate themselves.

That's about all from my college. The next big thing happening here is FESSAT, a university-wide carnival organised by the executive commitees of every college and our college's very own annual dinner, called MAP. We have started selling unhealthy food here at our own K-Shop to raise funds for the annual dinner and things seem to be going smoothly, if I may say so myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Day of Two Apologies

M.C.

BFF 《相见欢》