Naruto The Last

Talk about having good stuff to blog about!

This is my first time ever spending money to watch an anime movie in a cinema! It was well spent, I would say. I'm glad I made it. Thanks to my friends who jio-ed me there, to those who didn't go, too bad.

最後の物語は、はじめての愛。
(The final story is about the love in the beginning)

Poster for the movie, too bad I didn't take a selfie with it.
Noticed that Kakashi lost his Sharingan?

By the way, the second face is Sai, whom I mistook for Sasuke.

If you are like my friend Miss Sour, who hadn't actually finish the manga or at least the anime series before walking into the theaters, you will be spoiled many times over.

Naruto The Last mainly focuses on the NaruHina pairing. But I love the fact that they actually did this. It fills up many of the in-between from the final battle and the future. I love how they played it out between Naruto and Hinata so that the audience are actually convinced that Naruto truly loves Hinata and not as a settlement for second best since Sakura is madly in love with Sasuke. Oops, sorry for those who haven't finished the series.

The part where they fell into the genjutsu dream trap is one of my favourite moments. I don't know if anybody else noticed, there's this 赤い糸 thing going on between Naruto and Hinata. In Japanese as well as Chinese legends, the 'red string' connects the lives of two different people. The two people connected by the red thread are destined lovers, regardless of place, time, or circumstances. It may stretch or tangle, but never break. I think the movie makers deliberately chose a red scarf to be made by Hinata. And in the genjutsu trap the scarf actually wrapped itself around Naruto, thus connecting Hinata's and Naruto's worlds. If that's not a major spoiler, I don't know what is.

There are many sweet moments throughout the movie. During the dream, when Iruka asked the class to write down the name of the person they really wanted by their side if today was the end of the world, and Hinata's wrote うずまきナルトくん, which reads U-zu-ma-ki-na-ru-to-ku-n. That was SO SWEEEEEEEETTTTT!!! I think that's the first time Naruto actually got the message that Hinata is into him.

Naruto you so clueless
Guys can be so clueless sometimes. Ugh. I would know. *feels guilty

Truth is Naruto was so absorbed with Sakura before this that he barely had the chance to notice Hinata's feelings towards him. But way to go Hinata for waiting! Sakura was a little harsh in saying that Naruto's feelings towards herself was out of rivalry with Sasuke, which I think is completely untrue! I mean, just look at Naruto when all Sakura thinks about is Sasuke!

 
I know a fake smile when I see one
 See!?
Even Tsunade knows

And I think that she knows too
I mean, why else would anyone make such a sick promise as this!?


 And stuck to it after so long

Well I guess what Sakura is trying to do is to help Naruto get over herself and go to Hinata so that he won't have any feelings of guilt or regrets whatsoever. Seriously, are guys always so helpless in these things!? But it was thoughtful of Sakura too to say that. Otherwise it really seemed a great leap from diehard Sakura's admirer to Hinata's lover.

Okay, SPOILER ALERT! Naruto and Hinata are going to get married and have two kids. Just so you're wondering, Bolt is the elder brother and Himawari the younger sister.

See?
Of course, it wouldn't do the long-suffering Hinata any justice without a kiss that's fifteen years in the making.

Now KISS
And kiss some more!
And that's about enough kisses for a day. Well, actually the first one didn't really happen, but the second one did. It was very fitting to have it as a climaxing-finale for the whole movie.

Oh, and poor Sasuke must've had only some 10 seconds on-screen time? At least he had some. Poor Shino, and Tenten, and dead Neji. Neji why did you have to die!!!??? 。・゚゚・(>д<)・゚゚・。

In the end I never really did say anything about the movie, right? Well, I don't really fancy being a spoiler and typing out the whole movie when you can go watch it yourselves! Oh and if you're going to watch it, remember to stay until after the credits. Trust me ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

梦醒后

A Day of Two Apologies

想多了解妳